Sheringham High School seeks to offer the highest possible quality of education to all of its students.
The principle which underpins the school's aims, objectives, policies and practices is a belief in the worth and potential of each individual student, regardless of that student's age, abilities, social and ethnic background or gender. Each student is entitled to equal regard which will be manifest in the same quality of teaching, resources and care as is accorded to any other student in the school whilst recognising individual need.
The staff and governing body of Sheringham High School aim to create an atmosphere of mutual respect and academic challenge in which individual students are encouraged to achieve their full potential within a secure and caring environment. Our motto is 'Success for All' and we passionately believe that every student is capable of achieving success.
Therefore we aim to:
- ensure that all students are accorded equal regard and equality of opportunity;
- encourage a positive attitude to learning including increasing students' responsibility for their own learning;
- help all students to acquire respect for religious and moral values and an unprejudiced view of other ethnic groups, religions and ways of life;
- encourage the personal, social and moral development of every student including the nurturing of self-discipline, self-respect, a respect for others and the human and natural environment;
- help all students to develop lively, enquiring minds and the ability to question and argue rationally and to foster habits of responsibility and self- discipline;
- create a caring community, exercising concern and respect for the safety and welfare of others;
- provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum for all students;
- promote student and staff well-being;
- enable all students to fulfil their educational potential and to pursue excellence in preparation for work and leisure;
- help all students to acquire the skills and knowledge relevant to adult life and employment in a fast-changing world;
- foster the notion of education as a continuous lifetime process;
- help every ‘looked after’ student achieve the highest standards they can, including supporting aspirations to continue in further and higher education;
- position the school at the heart of the community.
Every individual who is part of the school, from the Headteacher to the youngest student, is encouraged to behave at all times with care, courtesy and consideration.