Free School Meals
To be entitled to free school meals parents must be receiving one of the following support payments:
- Income Support
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
Child Tax credit and the assessed family income does not exceed £16,190. Parents receiving Working Tax Credit are not entitled regardless of the level of assessed income.
Children of Asylum Seekers who receive support from Social Services are entitled as are those children who receive Income Support in their own right.
- Parents are required to complete a Free School Meals Application form available from the school or direct from Children's Services. Parents are not required to provide evidence of the benefit they receive as checks will be made using data held by the Department for Education
- Free School Meals are generally authorised for a six month period and parents should re-apply towards the end of the authorised period.
Download an application form here>> and return this to Norfolk County Council and NOT the school.
The Free School Meals Team can be contacted on 01603 222518 or 01603 223051 for further advice and guidance.