Improving our school
School Improvement and Development Plan 2020-21
- Attendance; continued focus on all and student group attendance.
- Development and design of revised ks3/4 curriculum intent (middle leadership of curric content/ skills, concepts, sequence, reading, assessment).
- Ensure challenge and relentless rigour in all lessons in implementation;
1.objectives/outcomes which reference content and skills.
2. refine and develop 3 phase assessment using the whole-school marking and feedback policy and framework monitored by middle leaders.
3. develop student learning articulation strategies and opportunities in line with GM.
- Disadvantaged and SEND; improved progress and gap to continue to narrow across all subjects. Embedded differentiation, further improve SEND strategies, interventions and programmes especially reading.
- LSU and internal behaviour systems reviewed, developed and used effectively.
- Performance Management is rigorous and consistent for all staff.
- Careers; establish approaches to establish the national careers strategy within the curriculum.
- SMSC; ensure departmental audit is complete and principles are embedded throughout the SOW, on the website and in department feedback.
- PSHRE; review the current provision and make the necessary changes in order to meet our statutory requirements by revised date.
- Site and rolling programme of ICT/ facilities improvement.
- Robust blended learning systems developed to enhance existing curriculum delivery and in preparation for local and/or national Covid lockdowns.