Improving our school
School Improvement and Development Plan 2019-20
- To ensure teaching and basic routine standards continue to develop towards outstanding. Using the Ready Respectful Safe model.
- Ready Respectful Safe.
- Attendance; continued focus on all and student group attendance.
- Development and design of revised ks3/4 curriculum intent (middle leadership of curriculum content/ skills, concepts, sequence, reading, assessment).
- Ensure challenge and relentless rigour in all lessons in implementation of;
- objectives/outcomes which reference content and skills.
- refine and develop phase assessment using the whole-school marking and feedback policy and framework monitored by middle leaders.
- develop student learning articulation strategies and opportunities in line with Growth Mindset qualities.
- Disadvantaged and SEND; improved progress and gap to continue to narrow across all subjects. Embedded differentiation, further improve SEND strategies, interventions and programmes especially reading.
- LSU internal behaviour systems used effectively, developed and reviewed.
- Performance Management is rigorous and consistent for all staff.
- Careers; establish approaches to establish the national careers strategy within the curriculum.
- SMSC; ensure departmental audit is complete and principles are embedded throughout the SOW, on the website and in department feedback.
- PSHRE; review the current provision and make the necessary changes in order to meet our statutory requirements for September 2020