Pupils in Year 6 at Stalham Academy (formerly Stalham Junior School), Catfield Primary School, Happisburgh Primary School and Ludham Primary School are eligible for transfer to Stalham High School. All of these schools are within the catchment area.
Admission of students from outside the catchment area will be considered if admission limits allow. If you live outside the Stalham catchment area, you should contact the school to arrange a mutually convenient time to make a visit, if you’d like to meet the Headteacher and/or senior staff. Please go to the Local Authority’s website for more information about the Admissions process.
As an Academy, admission limits are agreed annually with the Local Education Authority (LEA).
If there are more requests for places than places available students will be allocated places in the following order of priority:
- those in public care who are due to transfer;
- those with a Statement of Special Education Needs naming the school;
- those who are due to transfer and live in the area served by the school;
- those who are due to transfer who have a brother or sister currently attending the school;
- those who are due to transfer living outside the area served by the school who have attended a feeder Primary school;
- those with a medical need supported by appropriate professional recommendation;
- those who are due to transfer living outside the area served by the school whose parents are willing to accept responsibility for transport costs to school;
- those not due to transfer.
If all children within the above criteria cannot be accommodated priority will be given to those living closest to the school within that rule.
Parents / carers may appeal against a decision not to admit a child in writing to the Governing Body of the school. The governors involved in hearing the appeal must have not been involved in the original decision for non-admittance.